Time off from work is always better spent indulging in delicious food — this is exactly what you can get in Brisbane. This city will bring out the foodie in you and provide your palate the satisfaction that you have been craving.
A Taste of Asia and Beyond
What better way to join an adventure than to comb the streets of Brisbane for that delectable cuisine. Spend time with friends, family or just yourself in the city’s best food spots for relaxation and satisfaction.
Here are a few suggestions for the meals you can have from specific cuisines:
- Chinese Food – Chinese cuisine is also for dining in, not just for takeaway. You can have a taste of Asia in style. Noodles and soups are some of the highlights of Chinese food in Brisbane, but there is many more to taste. You can have ginger chicken or Yum Char, as well. Add a mix of beer, wine or an Asian-inspired cocktail to spice up your dining experience.
- Indian Fever – If you prefer to bask in spicy goodness, Indian cuisine is a definite must-try. While you can go for the usual curry, do not forget to sample a chicken Tandoori dish or lamb Vindaloo.
The Food Icons
Maybe, instead of any particular cuisine, you would rather have specific dishes for your food trips. You are in luck. For residents of Brisbane, there are dishes iconic to the city’s food culture — if you are a true Brisbanite, you should have eaten at these locations at least once already.
Here are some of the signature dishes of Brisbane:
- Luscious roasted pork belly covered in spiced honey glaze with a side of carrot puree
- Kentucky Fried Duck with nuggets that are perfect for sharing
- Street meals from food trucks all over the city
- Almond croissants and chocolate desserts
Great food is one of the trademarks of Brisbane. With the exciting flavours in the city, what more can a foodies ask for?